An all-you-need-to-know introduction to the employer-sponsored retirement plan that has revolutionized the way we save
* Smart Ways to save with automatic payroll deductions and pretax contributions that let you earn more money and pay less taxes NOW and when you retire
* Smart Advice on how much to contribute and what you need to know about your investment options, including advice on stocks, mutual funds, and bonds
* Smart Insights into retirement alternatives with the traditional IRA and the new Roth IRA
* Smart Tips on borrowing and withdrawing money from your 401(k) and IRA to buy a home or pay for college
* Quick reading and easy referencing with a comprehensive index and loads of sidebars and tables
Smart Guides take readers seriously. They satisfy even the most curious person's desire to know the essentials about any of a wide range of topics--from vitamins to mutual funds to stress relief. It's all about good reading and expert information. The choice is yours.